Kona Cotton Solids Color Swatch Palette for Serif DrawPlus
I use Kona® Cotton solids - a lot! Normally when creating coordinated fabric groups I just use the actual fabrics, but sometimes that's not always possible because I haven't bought them, yet or I am trying to decide which fabric to buy. I started using Serif DrawPlus (alternative to Adobe Illustrator) to lay out fabric groups and fill in pattern pieces with approximate colors. Then I realized that I could just save them as a palette to use any time.
I added the colors two different ways.
The first group Kona® Cotton Solids;
- created by using a color picker so the result is the color of the fabric as the computer sees it in pixels.
- the colors are saved by [NAME ###] i.e., POOL 45
- sortable by NAME, Hue, RGB
The second group, Kona® Cotton Solid Fills;
- were created from the images from RK web site.
- may show a little texture and a slightly different color than the first group
- the colors are saved by [### Name] i.e., 0045 POOL
- the colors are in numerical order
- are not sortable
Click one of the images to download DrawPlus color swatch/palette files. The files are on my Google Drive and it opens right to VIEWING so click the download button at the top.
Before opening DrawPlus, you should place a copy of the palette file into (for Windows 7) C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Serif\DrawPlus\13.0\Palettes for DP6 and change the 13.0 to 14.0 for version 8. By putting it in the folder it will show up in palette drop down menu.
If you have a Mac or different version of Windows, let me know where it goes and I can update it here.
I also found a download for Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/Photoshop Elements on PileOfFabric.com after I did mine, oh well, what's done is done!
Hope you find this helpful!